Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy Independence Day


We had a really fun 4th of July this year. We kept it pretty simple. It was so hot here that there was a heat warning, so that was no fun. We started the day off by going to this pool/waterpark at Apache Juntion. Talmage loves these little parks that have the beach style entrance pools with a bunch of water features and even a couple slides. The weird thing was at this park we weren't able to take any pictures because they have had complaints about people taking pictures of other peoples kids. I personally think that some of these parents are a little overprotective and a little paranoid.

Then later we had a BBQ with a bunch of friends from school at our friend Phil's house. It was way fun and we even played a little guitar hero which is mighty addictive. So if you can't spend the holidays with family, friends are the next best thing.

We bypassed the fireworks this year. There is something about fireworks in 108 degrees that doesn't sound like that much fun. Maybe next year.

7 comments:

Rusty and Tara said...

ugg...I don't envy that heat! I got your email and tried to call....got the voicemail.

I am coming July 29th-Aug 2. Does this overlap your trip at all??? I SURE HOPE SO!

Josh said...

Love the cheese from Talmage

Russ and Megan said...

Glad you managed to have some fun amongst the heat!! :) That's the craziest thing though..no cameras at the water park! Kind of scary if it really has been an issue though. I am glad it was fun anyway. You guys look good!

Chris said...

Let me be the first to say I am jealous of th heat. I love it when it's hot. Anyway, I'm not sure if I've said it before but congrats on the forthcoming little one. Our vote in your poll went for a little boy since this seems to be the year of little boys. We currently know about 12 people having boys this year, not including the 13 other boys born last friday when ours was. And I hear you're considering the name Avery? It's worked out well for us.

Russ and Suz Adamson said...

That is the craziest thing I have ever heard of camera restrictions at a freaking park?? What has this world come to?? BANS..I guess, BANS on everything! I thought it was hot here over the 4th. I am NOT jealous that you guys had it hotter over there!

Lanae said...

such a cute blog! (I wouldn't have expected anything less). can't wait to sew later next month. thanks again for having jeff over we will return the favor when we get back.

Becca Welch said...

Hey Guys-
Long time no see. well just wanted to say hi. I love your blog and I am so excited you are pregnant again. how far along are you? Love you guys... hopefully we can meet up soon-Love-Becca